Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Week 1 Done

I finished my first week and Better U and I think my grade would be...Needs Improvement.

Monday afternoon I had to rush the Kira Kat to the vet with an infection. She had to stay overnight, which freaked out the Nero Gatto and I decided to go home after work to be with him instead of working out. Then I got sick with a summer cold and it's very hard to workout when you are having trouble breathing.

Sunday night was I was laying in bed beating myself up for what a bad week I had had when I realized what I was doing. I tried being honest with myself. And the truth of the matter was that I was only upset about my lack of working out because I feel so fat. If I had gotten sick a year and half ago and had taken the week off, I wouldn't have thought a thing about it. I wouldn't have felt guilty about not working out or berated myself if I was at my ideal weight, or even a good bit closer to it.

So I've let go of last week. Yes I need improvement, but last week was not your normal run of the meal week for me.

Of course neither is this one. The last half of the week is going to be spent traveling for the 4th. Still I went to the gym last night. I'm heading that way in just a few minutes and I will go tomorrow night too. So I'll get in my three gym visits this week. And hopefully I can get some exercise this weekend as well.

Foodwise, I'm doing so-so. I trying to stop eating when full and not eat when I know I'm not hungry, but I'm just bored or wanting that TASTE. I'm hopeful that things will get better. I know I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment